Not all units are available in store
2019 STIHL FS 460 C-EM K
Newly designed clearing saw with M-Tronic and Easy2Start™
The NEW FS 460 C-EM K is part of STIHL's latest line-up of professional clearing saws designed for tough jobs with exceptional ergonomics, durability, power and reliability. Featuring M-Tronic®, a fully electronic engine management system that intelligently compensates for variations in altitude, temperature and fuel quality by automatically monitoring and adjusting the fuel-air mix for optimal performance in all conditions. Also equipped with the Easy2Start™ system for effortless starting, 4-point anti-vibration system, a short shaft and a toolless adjustable bike handle, this unit is ideal for work in challenging areas and for use in forestry applications.
- Displacement (cc): 45.6
- Power output (kW/bhp): 2.2 / 3.0
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 8.4 / 18.5
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): A genuine advance in easy starting. STIHL Easy2Start™ (E) cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. All it takes is 2 fingers and a gentle pull action.
- 2-stroke reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- STIHL M-Tronic: Fully electronic controlled ignition timing and fuel metering system. The engine management STIHL M-Tronic (M) system ensures optimum engine performance, constant maximum speed and excellent acceleration. Manual carburettor adjustments are not necessary.
- Simplified starting system: Simply set the choke, pump the fuel primer, pull the starter cord and away you go! The running machine then switches off after a brief press of the stop button. Once the machine is at a standstill, the ignition activates again automatically. Thus the ignition is always ready for starting.
- Bike handle: When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle enables a smooth mowing action. The bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, making it ideal for working on large areas and thus reducing fatigue.
- Multi-function control handle: Easy, comfortable thumb-operated control means the operator's hand never leaves the handle.
- Shoulder strap / carrying system: Using a STIHL shoulder strap or carrying harness with soft padding makes work more comfortable, particularly during lengthy jobs.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Tool free handle adjustment: The central wing nut enables easy adjustment without the use of tools. For transportation and space-saving storage, the handle can be rotated by 90°.
- 2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)
- 45.6 cc
- 8.4 kg (18.5 lb.)