Not all units are available in store
2019 STIHL FS 240 R
New professional brushcutter
The NEW FS 240 R loop handle brushcutter is a new generation machine featuring stratified scavenging engine technology which reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and fullfils all emission regulations. Equipped with a gear head angle of 30° and a simplified starting procedure with momentary stop switch, this unit replaces the legendary FS 250 R and is ideal for landscapers in all professional applications.
- Displacement (cc): 37.7
- Power output (kW/bhp): 1.7 / 2.3
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 6.6 / 14.6
- 2-stroke reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Loop handle (R): The loop handled grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for working in areas where space is limited, e.g. thinning between bushes and shrubs.
- Simplified starting system: Simply set the choke, pump the fuel primer, pull the starter cord and away you go! The running machine then switches off after a brief press of the stop button. Once the machine is at a standstill, the ignition activates again automatically. Thus the ignition is always ready for starting.
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Multi-function control handle: Easy, comfortable thumb-operated control means the operator's hand never leaves the handle.
- Shoulder strap / carrying system: Using a STIHL shoulder strap or carrying harness with soft padding makes work more comfortable, particularly during lengthy jobs.
- 1.7 kW (2.3 bhp)
- 37.7 cc
- 6.6 kg (14.6 lb.)