Not all units are available in store
2018 Yamaha YS1028J
The YS1028J is designed to get the job done quickly and efficiently with its powerful MZ300, 4-stroke engine. Dual stage auger with electromagnetic engagement, hydrostatic transmission and track drive are just a few of the features that make the YS1028J your best choice when Mother Nature turns nasty. When performance and reliability count, you can always depend on a Yamaha snowblower.
Clean, Quiet 4-Stroke Power: Powered by the powerful MZ300 (296cc) 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHV Yamaha engine. Silent design helps to reduce engine noise to approximately 1/3 the levels of comparable engines without this feature.
- 4-Stroke Engine: Powered by a proven, reliable and fuel efficient 296 cc, air-cooled, OHV, 2-valve, 4-stroke, 10 hp Yamaha MZ300 engine. Transistor controlled T.C.I. electronic ignition means sure fast starts and never needs maintenance. Quiet design muffler will keep the neighbors happy.
- Convenient Electric Starting: Convenient key operated electric start.
- Powerful Dual-Stage Auger: Dual-stage 715 mm (28") auger utilizes a heavy duty serrated steel "blade" to chew through hard packed snow and ice without breaking a sweat. The clearing height is 510 mm (20"). The high speed impeller located in the resin lined chute fires snow up to 17 meters (55.7 ft.). The YS1028J can move up to 60 tons of snow per hour.
- Hydraulic Assist Auger Housing Tilt System: Hydraulic assist adjustable auger housing means you can adjust the auger housing height to suit conditions. You can add"additional" bite into the snow or set it to just skim the pavement or raise it in the event of loose gravel or an uneven interlock driveway. The lever activated adjustment is simple and easy to use. NOTE: The more "bite" that is added increases the risk of damage to the auger, its housing and the surface you are clearing.
- Adjustable "Skids" and Serrated Snow Scraper: The adjustable (and replaceable) "skids" allow you to pre-set the auger height to avoid damage to the auger and its housing. The serrated snow scraper helps break up ice and hard packed snow as it enters the auger system.
- Hydrostatic Transmission: The durable, single lever operated, hydrostatic transmission (HST) provides precise speed control and smooth shifting. This variable speed transmission allows the unit to move forward at speeds up to 2.8 km/hr. and up to 1.8 km/hr. in reverse. Easy access remote HST fluid reservoir makes checking and topping up the fluid level quick and easy.
- Track Drive: Rubberized track drive system plows through snow conditions that stop other blowers cold. Track drive provides superior traction on steep driveways or laneways and also makes it possible to climb stairs. The tracks are 130 mm (5.1") wide. Wheeled blowers don't even compare
- Electric Resin Lined Chute: The resin lined chute is electronically controlled by an easy to use joystick and has a turning radius of up to 220°, so you can direct the snow just about anywhere. The resin lining helps to reduce snow sticking and build up.
- Adjustable Chute Deflector Tip: The resin lined chute features an adjustable, lever operated discharge tip that allows you to control how far the snow is thrown.
- Shear Bolts: Special shear bolts are designed to help prevent expensive damage to the auger and housing in the event it comes in contact with a solid object. The replaceable shear bolts are designed to break-off in the event that the auger comes in contact with a solid object, saving the auger and transmission from expensive damage.
- Easy to Use Controls: Centrally located control levers are grouped together for easy access. All levers are designed to be used with heavy gloves or mitts. The unit is designed to keep the operator's right hand free to work the control levers. A low oil warning light is prominently display on the control dash board.
- Multifunction Fuel Petcock: Settings include fuel off, fuel on, carb drain and fuel hose drain. This petcock design helps reduce the storage problems associated with Ethanol fuels.
- Additional Standard Features: Additional standard features include: auger / chute clean-out tool, drift cutter, work light, and fuel gauge.
- Clearing Width: 715mm (28 in)
- Clearing Height: 510mm (20 in)
- Blowing Capacity: 60 tons/hr
- Maximum Blowing Distance: 17m (55 ft)
- Drive: Dual 130mm (5.1 in) rubber tracks
- Transmission: Hydrostatic
- Ground Speed (km/h): Forward: 0 ~ 2.8; Reverse: 0 ~ 1.8
- Type: Dual stage with shear bolts
- Diameter: 350mm (13.8in)
- Drive: Electromagnetic
- Auger Housing Height Adjustment: Gas assist
- Rotation: Electric with 220 degrees of rotation
- Chute deflector (discharge tip): Manual with remote lever
- Chute Material: Steel with inner resin liner
- Model: MZ300
- Type: 4-stroke air-cooled, OHV, 2-valve, single cylinder
- Displacement: 296cc
- Maximum Horsepower: 10 hp
- Starting System: Electric
- Ignition: Electronic T.C.I.
- Recommended Fuel: Regular unleaded gasoline (87 octane)
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube 5W30
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L): 6.7 litres (1.5 Imp. gal.)
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1 L
- Wet Weight: 169kg (373 lb)
- L x W x H mm (in): 1560 x 730 x 1105 mm (61.4 x 28.7 x 43.5 in)
- Private Use: 3-year, limited.
- Commercial Use: 3-year, limited.
- Horse Power
- 10 hp
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke air-cooled, OHV, 2-valve, single cylinder
- Engine Displacement
- 715 mm (28 in.)
- Max Discharge
- 17 m (55 ft.)
- Drive Type
- Wheel Size
- Dual 130mm (5.1 in.) rubber tracks
- 169 kg (373 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.7 L (1.5 Imp. gal.)