Not all units are available in store
2018 Yamaha VF90 VMAX SHO - 20 in. Shaft
The all-new Yamaha 90-horsepower In-Line Four V MAX SHO® may be the smallest in the V MAX SHO lineup, but it packs a big punch. Its lightweight design combined with 1.8-litre displacement makes the VF90 V MAX SHO the class leader in torque and top speed. Add to that the option of a 25-inch shaft and the VF90 is an exciting new prospect for bass, walleye and muskie anglers.
Light and Compact: The inline four-cylinder V MAX SHO 90 features a single overhead camshaft with four valves per cylinder for 16 total valves. This optimizes engine combustion, and creates class-leading torque, acceleration and efficiency, all while reducing mass in the cylinder head and streamlining weight.
Variable Trolling: Yamaha's Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®) allows for precision adjustment of trolling speeds from 550 to 1000 RPM in 50-RPM increments - and even trolling at 200 RPM below idle. This feature is available if the outboard is equipped with Yamaha's multi-function tiller handle, Command Link Display or new remote switch.
Charging Power: The V MAX SHO 90 features a three-phase alternator that produces up to 35 amps. That's plenty of power for battery charging and accessories, with more to spare.
- Multi-Point Fuel Injection: With Multi-point Fuel Injection, Fuel is delivered at the optimum volume and time according to ECU sensor signals. This ensures quick starts, efficient fuel consumption, and ample power along with ultra-low emissions.
- Command Link Compatibility: The VF90 is compatible with Yamaha's Command Link 6Y8 and 6YC digital gauges, as well as Y-COP®.
- Amp It Up: The VF90 features a three-phase alternator that produces up to 35 amps of power. So there's plenty of electrical power for battery charging and accessories, with more to spare.
- Peace and Quiet: Yamaha's Shift Dampener System (SDSTM) greatly reduces the force and noise commonly associated with shifting gears for a smoother, quieter ride. The new VF90 is compatible with Yamaha's exclusive TalonTM SDSTM propellers.
- Power Trim and Tilt: The VF90 is equipped with a single compact, lightweight PTT unit. The tilt angle can be adjusted with the optional tilt limiter.
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Yamaha's award-winning Multi-Function Tiller Handle incorporates engine start/stop, emergency stop, gear shift, power trim and tilt operation, variable trolling switch, warning and controls all in one. It can be added as an accessory to the new V MAX SHO 90.
- Engine Type: Inline 4-cylinder
- Displacement: 1832 cc (111.8 ci)
- Bore & Stroke: 81 x 88.9 mm (3.19 x 3.5 in.)
- RPM Range: 5000-6000
- Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
- Induction System: SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Alternator Output: 35 Amps
- Fuel Delivery: EFI
- Starting: Electric
- Ignition: TCI microcomputer
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Degree of Trim/Tilt: -4° through +16°/66°
- Exhaust: Through Prop
- Cooling: Water/Thermostatic Control
- Gear Shift: F/N/R
- Gear Ratio: 2.33 (28:12)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 87)
- Recommended Oil: Yamalube 4-M FC-W 10W-30 or 20W-40
- Oil Capacity: 3.2 L (3.4 US qt) — with filter
- Shaft Length: 20 in.
- Dry Weight: 160 kg (353 lb.)
- Engine Type
- Inline 4-cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 81 x 88.9 mm (3.19 x 3.5 in.)
- 1832 cc (111.8 ci)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in.
- 160 kg (353 lb.)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.33 (28:12) / F/N/R
- Fuel Induction
- 35 Amps
- Water/Thermostatic Control