Not all units are available in store
2018 Yamaha EF5500DE
Introducing the all new EF5500DE gas powered generator. This versatile dual 120/240 volt unit is ideal for emergency backup power for home, cottage or business. It can also be used as a primary power source on job sites too. Easy to use and easy to move, the EF5500DE sets new standards for performance and value.
Effortless electric starting: Equipped with electric starting and automatic choke for easy starts
Convenient and Easy To Use: Comes standard with wheels, fold-down/locking handles and battery
- Powered by Yamaha's MZ360; 358cc, air-cooled (fan assist), OHV, 2-valve, 4-stroke, single cylinder engine with transistor controlled (TC) ignition.
- Lightweight piston and offset cylinder design reduce frictional losses for improved fuel economy.
- Electric starting backed up by manual recoil with an auto decompression system for a light recoil starter pull.
- Auto choke for easy, no hassle starting
- Maintenance-free brushless alternator offers superior reliability and reduced maintenance.
- Dual 120 & 240 volt output makes the EF5500DE very versatile
- Damper Winding alternator reduces wave form distortion for "cleaner" power (power is almost as clean as an inverter)
- Non-fuse type circuit breaker (NFB) prevents internal circuit damage in the event of an over load.
- Rated AC output for continuous use is 4,500 watts / 36 amps @ 120 volts & 4,500 watts / 18.7 amps @ 240 volts
- Economy Control System (when turned on) lowers the engine rpm when there is no load to conserve fuel and reduce noise and engine wear.
- Yamaha's Oil Watch Warning System automatically shuts off the engine when oil level is low and will not re-start until oil is added, preventing costly engine damage and enhancing long-term durability.
- Multi-function digital volt and hour meter
- Electrical "noise" suppressor reduces electrical interference with TVs and radios.
- Easy access, washable foam air filter reduces maintenance costs
- Easy access oil drain plug
- Cleanable spark arrestor stops sparks exiting from the exhaust
- On-off fuel petcock lets you shut off the gas to run the carb dry for storage, helping to prevent stale fuel problems, which are becoming more common with ethanol based fuels.
- Large fuel fill hole for easy filling. Fuel gauge is standard
- Rubber vibration isolation mounts reduce vibration for smoother operation and reduced noise.
- Rugged perimeter steel frame protects the generator, engine and battery from damage.
- Folding handle and lift hook for improved portability
- Never flat, non-pneumatic tires mounted to rugged steel axles.
- Low maintenance MF style battery is included. Battery is positioned inside the frame for extra protection. Maintaining your battery's state of charge during extended periods of storage is essential to insure the maximum service life. Any battery, regardless of the type, should be charged (with the correct type of charger) at least every 2 months when not being used.
- CSA approved (Canadian Standards Association)
- Meets or exceeds EPA & CARB Tier 3 emission standards
- 3-year warranty for "residential / home" use or "commercial use."
- Type: Dual voltage, brushless, synchronous, damper winding, AC Generator
- Maximum AC Output (watts / amperes): 5500 W / 44 A @ 120 V & 22.9 @ 240 V
- Rated AC Output (watts / amperes) - Continuous Use: 4500 W / 36 A @ 120 V & 18.75 A @ 240 V
- AC Voltage & Frequency (HZ): 120 & 240V / 60 HZ
- Voltage Regulator: Damper Winding
- AC Receptacle: 15A+15A (125V) / 30A (125V) / 30A (125 & 250 V)
- Model: MZ360; 358cc, air-cooled (fan assist), OHV, 2-valve, 4-stroke, single
- Starting System: Electric with manual recoil (with auto decompressor)
- Ignition: Transistor Controlled (TCI)
- Recommended Fuel: 87 octane, regular gasoline
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.1L
- L x W x H mm (in): handle folded 740 x 720 x 800 (29.1 x 28.3 x 31.5); handle extended 1070 x 720 x 800 (42.1 x 28.3 x 31.5)
- Dry Weight: 106 kg (234 lb)
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L): 26
- Operating Hours (@ rated load): 9 hrs
- Noise Level (@ 7 metres): 74.1 dB
- Non-Fuse Circuit Breaker System (NFB): Standard
- Dual 120 & 240 Voltage: Standard
- Auto Choke System: Standard
- Oil Watch Warning System: Standard
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Fuel Level Gauge: Standard
- Economy Control System: Standard
- Spark Arrestor: Standard
- Volt Meter: Standard
- Private Use: 3-years limited
- Commercial Use: 3-years limited
- Engine Type
- MZ360; air-cooled (fan assist), OHV, 2-valve, 4-stroke, single
- 740 mm (29.1 in.)
- 720 mm (28.3 in.)
- 800 mm (31.5 in.)
- 106 kg (234 lb.)
- AC Output
- Maximum: 5500 W / 44 A @ 120 V & 22.9 @ 240 V; Rated: 4500 W / 36 A @ 120 V & 18.75 A @ 240 V
- 15A+15A (125V) / 30A (125V) / 30A (125 & 250 V)
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 26 L
- Noise Level
- 74.1 dB
- Run Time
- 9 hrs